The following is an incomplete list of Kepler articles of news websites (no blog posts). Please add a comment if you know of any more articles.
- InfoQ: Eclipse Kepler released (by Alex Blewitt)
- The H Open: Eclipse Kepler enters public orbit
- JAXenter: Can Eclipse Kepler get the platform back on track?
- InternetNews.com: Eclipse Kepler Orbits 71 Open Source Projects and 58 million lines of code
- DZone Javalobby: Eclipse Kepler Release: By the Numbers (by Wayne Beaton)
- InfoWorld: Annual Eclipse ‘release train’ arrives with Java EE 7, BPM backing
- heise online: 71 Projekte bei Eclipse Kepler
- golem.de: Eclipse “Kepler” ist freigegeben
- JAXenter: Eclipse Kepler Rundblick (by me)
- WAZ: Eclipse “Kepler” ist fertig
- LINUX MAGAZIN: Eclipse Kepler unterstützt Java EE 7 und Big Data
- PRO-LINUX.DE: Eclipse Kepler freigegeben
- COMPUTERWOCHE: Eclipse “Kepler” ist fertig
- JDN: Eclipse Kepler : Java EE 7 et développement en mode web au programme
- Silicon: Eclipse 4.3 Kepler : Java EE 7, BPM, Big data et IDE web
- Toolinux: Sortie officielle d’Eclipse Kepler
- Programmez.com: Eclipse 4.3 Kepler
Some hours before the release I sent e-mails to four German news websites that did not write about Juno last year, telling them when Kepler will be released, where the official press release will be published, some basic information, that they could use my bar chart and links for further reading. Two of them indeed published Kepler articles – a success rate of 50%.
Social networks grow more and more popular in news distribution. But in contrast to social networks and blogs news websites reach an extended audience. That is why I think that such news articles are important for us. Maybe next year we could send the official Luna press release upfront to the news websites with the release time and additional information about what Eclipse is and what a Simultaneous Release is. A set of screenshots and charts would improve the attractiveness of the articles and increase the chance the news will be adopted. What do you think?